* POISON PREVENTION WEEK *
This week is poison prevention week, so we are trying to raise awareness of what is toxic to your cats, what to look out for, and what to do in case of a poisoning!
Many medicines not designed for cats, such as human or dog medicine, is toxic to cats. Many household chemicals contain toxic substances, and even multi-surface cleaning wipes (some even have paw prints on the front!) are toxic when your cat walks on the surface, then cleans off their paws! A lot of plants (not just lillies!) are toxic when eaten, or when pollen falls onto their fur and then is licked off. A lot of human food is also toxic, such as chocolate, raisins, grapes, and onions.
Symptoms of poisoning include confusion, drooling, vomiting, fitting/seizures, and difficulty breathing. All of these signs are easy to notice, however some signs may not be noticable.. If your cat has ingested a poison, it is important to contact the vets, as a lot of toxins can cause damage to the kidneys and internal organs.
Contact the vet immediately! In toxicity, quick action can lead to a better prognosis for your cats. If you can, take information of the poison, such as bottle/packaging if chemical or medicine.
Share this status- you are raising awareness, and may just help to save a life!